Dazzling Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum of the live-action group Dazzling Productions

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunger Games Project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jafrank

Jafrank

Hunger Games Project Empty
PostSubject: Hunger Games Project   Hunger Games Project EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Hey! I was given the go-ahead to start planning a Hunger Games series project. I figured it could be a large-in-scope and really intense project with a lot of potential for creative use of clips and voiceovers if people are interested in that. I'd love to do something that takes the aesthetics and composition of the Experience MEP and applies it to the political drama and ethical complexity of the series.

Here are some songs I've been looking at:

Iron- Woodkid

Night- Zola Jesus

No Church in the Wild- Lumiere (Cover)

O Children- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Thistle and Weeds- Mumford & Sons (Live at Red Rocks)

[In case we aren't tired of these guys yet xD ]

I'm really open to suggestions or ideas for other songs or specific concepts for the project, assuming folks are still interested.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games Project   Hunger Games Project EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:44 am

My only other song suggestion would be "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Lorde but that might be too obvious and easy a choice since it's on the Catching Fire soundtrack. I really do love Iron by Woodkid though, I have that song on repeat all of the time.!

Also, I love your idea for this project so far so I'm all in. Question though, will we be focusing on one character per editor like in your original suggestion of will we be doing things differently? Just curious Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/xsmatthijsse
Jafrank

Jafrank

PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games Project   Hunger Games Project EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:52 am

I love that cover so much!! Since there was another project open that suggested it I wasn't sure if people would be okay doing another one or merging the two but I'd be totally open to it. And I love Iron too! I think either could work well.

As far as character, I'd be up for doing one character per editor (though some people would have to get creative Razz) or trying something else. Do you have any preference?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games Project   Hunger Games Project EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:44 am

Well if you like a song that's been previous suggested as a seperate project, feel free to just throw in the suggestion.

Personally, the idea of using one character per editor has appealed a lot to me since the moment you suggested it! I believe it'll allows us to create more depth in our understanding of the characters and will make the project so much more creative. Just my opinion though Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games Project   Hunger Games Project EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 am

I think the general inactiveness kind of stops us from making a decision as a group, so go ahead with what you think works best Jafrank! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunger Games Project   Hunger Games Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunger Games Project
Page 1 of 1